2024 Summer Camp
FAITH ALIVE in Summer 2024!
“Let all that you do be done in love.”
-1 Corinthians 16:14
Summer camp has always provided opportunities for campers, young and old, to have fun in the sun. Children, youth, and adults come together to learn new skills, have new experiences and make new friends all under the guidance of our trained, creative and compassionate staff.
Camp Asbury—Summer 2024
Every Camp Asbury residential program is built on an age-appropriate selection of classic camp activities. These classic activities are continually given creative twists by Asbury staff. Some activities every week are selected by camper choice.
The heart of Camp Asbury’s program is small group community experienced with peers of similar age-level. Campers live and participate in camp activities as co-ed family groups. A family group usually consists of the combination of a boys’ cabin and a girls’ cabin or, by age level registrations. In summer 2024, a small group will consist of up to 12 campers with a male and female counselor.
As a church-related camp, faith formation is a core component of all Camp Asbury’s programs. Each small group engages in a daily interactive Bible study guided by its counselors. Daily Bible study explores the theme “Faith Alive” Through this theme, we will view animals at camp as teachers! Campers will learn what the bugs, birds, and mammals at Asbury can teach us about trust, transformation, perseverance, compassion and community. In addition to Bible study, there are also a number of opportunities for the entire camp community to share in the worship of God outdoors as a large group.
To add spice and variety to a week of resident camp, Asbury adds a weekly theme. No two weeks of summer are alike. Campers in all overnight programs participate in the camp-wide special themed activities of the week. Weekly themes enhance, but do not dominate, a camper’s experience.
Leadership development is the focus of Camp Asbury’s high school programming. Mentoring younger campers, servant-style leadership, outdoor living skills and group facilitation skills are highlighted. Asbury’s senior high programs are designed to help campers grow in self-knowledge, courage, confidence and resiliency. Explore specialized camps thatare only available for high school campers like Night Owls, Up to the Challenge, and our Counselor In Training (CIT) camp!
Horse program: Camp Asbury partners with Sand Hill Stable in Mantua, Ohio. For Summer 2024 Camp Asbury offers a Beginner II program (5 stable visits per week) for grades 4-7. Customized instruction is available at the stable for riders who demonstrate a higher skill level. Horse programs operate during two weeks of Camp Asbury’s summer program. Camp Asbury provides transportation to stable sessions. At the stable, learn to ride, control, and groom a horse. Horse program campers are asked to describe their riding experience and skill on Asbury’s “Get Acquainted” form. Each camper’s horseback ability will be confirmed by Sand Hill Stable instructors and their stable experience tailored to their ability.
Alumni: Whether you’re a former camper or an Asbury Summer Staff alum, Camp Asbury values its ongoing connection with you. You and your family are invited to share new experiences and create fresh memories at Camp Asbury. Check out Family Weekend, October 11-13 at the end of this brochure. Camp Asbury also welcomes staff alumni, trained as counselors within the last three years, to work as trained summer volunteers. Volunteers will receive special orientation to the ways Camp Asbury programs are operating in Summer 2024.
Summer 2024 Program Calendar
Dates and Residential Themes
June 23 – 28
Once Upon an Asbury
|Discovery Mini (Sun – Tue)
CIT (Grades 10-12)
June 30 – July 5
|Discover More (Grades 2-4)
July 7 – 12
Video Games IRL
|Discovery Mini (Sun-Tue)
July 14 – 19
|Discover More (Grades 2-4)
July 21 – 26
|Discover More (Grades 2-4)
Up to the Challenge
October 11 – 13
*Denotes Horse Program
Program Descriptions by Grade Level
Camp Asbury Open House and Summer 2024 Preview:
Sunday, April 7, 2024 2:00-5:00 PM
Visit Camp Asbury anytime between 2:00pm and 5:00pm to tour the camp, meet the staff members, and learn about the programs being offered in Summer 2024. Camp Asbury staff will be available to answer questions about our upcoming programs, our facilities and sleeping accomodations, and more! Light refreshments will be available. This will be an outdoor event.
- Registration deadline is two weeks before the event, unless otherwise indicated. Telephone registrations cannot be accepted.
- Register online using the link below, or mail in the Individual Event Registration Form (Found Here). Register by Event # (not by the date or event name). The grade level of the event corresponds to the grade level that the camper will be entering in the fall of 2024.
- Payment: Online registrants will be instructed on payment options during the registration process. For those mailing in the paper form, include the full fee with the Registration Form, or send a minimum deposit of $40 per event. The balance is due at least two weeks before the event.
Early Bird Rate!
Register by MARCH 15th and receive $25 off of your registration fee and be entered to win a free week of camp!!
What Happens After I Register?
- If you register online, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will have access to all necessary forms and guides through your online account.
- If you register by mail and provide us an email address, you will receive an e-mail with a Guide for Parents, a Get Acquainted form, any necessary permission forms and a health form attached.
- If you register by mail and don’t provide an email address, you will receive a packet within two weeks of registering including a Guide for Parents, a Get Acquainted form, any necessary permission forms and a health form.
- The health form and any necessary permission forms must be signed by the camper’s parent or guardian and brought to camp with you, unless completed online.
If your child has special medical, emotional, physical, or developmental needs that you believe would affect their experience at camp or require extra care while at camp, please contact the Camp Director to discuss your child’s needs.
East Ohio Camps are open to all persons without regard to race, religion, gender or national origin. An equal number of males/females may be required for some events and some events are designed for only girls or only boys.
1) If the event you register for is cancelled by us, we will help you select another event. If another selection will not work out, you will receive a full refund.
2) For cancellations 14 days or more before the first day of the event, all fees paid less than the minimum registration fee of $40 will be returned, or full payment is transferred to another event if possible.
3) If the cancellation is less than 14 days before the first day of the event, no refund will be made.
4) In the event of illness, accident, or family emergency, all fees less a $10 handling charge will be returned if notice is given prior to the first day of camp.
5) No refunds or fee transfers will be made for those who fail to showup on opening day.
Information for parents and guardians, including FAQs, the Guide for Parents, and a health form can be found on our Parent Page. Follow the link below to be redirected there.
If you still have questions, please contact us!